During this walk we ascend to La Maroma, the highest peak of the Sierra de Tejeda and Málaga. Climbing this peak is a popular activity among Malagueños. During the first part of the hike we walk through the forest. However when we get over the Collado Lobera and walk over the crest towards the summit of La Maroma our efforts are very much rewarded: on our right we have a beautiful view over the Sierra de Tejeda and to our left over the Mediterranean Sea.
- From the car park of the recreation area El Robledal (1) we take the trail that starts at the big information panel of the route. After fifteen minutes we arrive at about 1,100 metres at a fork (2) where we turn left.
- At about 1,400 metres we reach the viewpoint "Vista Panorámica Valle del Temple" (3), from which we can view up to the Mulhacén of the Sierra Nevada.
- We now simply follow the trail, which is well marked with posts with arrows on it, white-green stripes, arrows on the rocks and milestones. Further on the trail becomes narrower.
- We go over the Collado de Rojas (4) and further on over the Collado de Lobera (5). From here we walk the last stretch over a ridge towards the Maroma with great views over the Sierra de Tejeda and the Mediterranean Sea.
- Eventually through the trail marked with milestones we reach at 2,068 metres the summit of La Maroma (6).
- The return is via the same route.