Braña de Pereda
This walk from Pereda de Ancares to the Braña de Pereda is a simple and relatively short hike at low altitude, ideal for days when the weather conditions higher up in the mountains complicate the hiking. On the wide path from Pereda to Braña we walk a while with an open and wide view on both the valley of Ancares and the surrounding mountains of the Sierra de Ancares.
- From the campsite (1) take the small road to the left that runs behind the campsite towards the village of Pereda. We follow this road through the village until we reach the Centro de Turismo Rural, where we turn right (2).
- We reach a well of bricks and behind it we turn right at the fork to go uphill (3). Quickly the path forks again and we turn right with a bend, onto a wide path (4).
- Through this path, which can be somewhat overgrown, we ascend slowly and several times we cross a stream.
- After a considerable time we arrive just under 1,300 metres at a gate through which we pass. Behind it the path forks and we turn left, which is indicated by a red arrow on a stone (5).
- After a short while on this path we arrive at the refuge of the Braña de Pereda (6).
- We initially walk back via the same trail until we reach the fork with the gate (5). Here we turn left now.
- We now start to descend quickly. After a descent of about 300 metres we arrive at a fork on a wide path (7). Left is a signpost to La Herrería the Tejedo, but we turn right, indicated by a green arrow.
- Further on we pass a trail to the left (8), which we ignore and we walk straight on via the wide path and eventually end up at the asphalt road LE-712 (9), where we turn right.
- We follow this asphalt road until at a given time we see a trail on the right side of the road, which we enter (10). Following this trail we eventually walk behind the campsite and back to where we parked the car (1).