Serra da Enciña da Lastra
This hike is characterized by the dramatic scenery of the nature park Serra da Enciña da Lastra and the river Sil. This area counts with a large number of trails and this hike follows various distinct routes through the area. Therefore all markings should be ignored. Because of the dense vegetation it is only possible to walk on the trails and not go off-track.
- From the visitor centre (1) we go uphill through the road towards the north. At the top this road splits into two trails, where we turn to the right (2).
- From here we start to climb quickly, and we keep the direction towards the forest that we can see above on the mountain. We keep climbing intensely, along the trees, until we get to a dirt road (3). Here we turn right.
- At the first fork we keep right. Now we walk on a broad trail, initially descending lightly, then ascending lightly.
- Ignore the side-trail on the left (4).
- We now get at a picnic place with a splendid view on the valley and the river Sil (5).
- After having walked in total about 1,5 kilometres on this road, we end up at a fork (6), where we turn left. We get past two side-trails on the left that we ignore.
- Further on there is in a bend, square to where we walk, a trail that goes downhill (7). We take this trail.
- Next at the first crossroads of various trails we take the path at the utmost left uphill (8). At the next fork we keep right.
- Now we get at a bend where the path we are on goes to the left; we turn to the right tough (9), taking the less visible trail.
- From here we start to climb considerably, the final part zigzagging. On the highest point, where we pass the big rock face (10), the vegetation becomes dense and is the trail largely overgrown. Further on the trail becomes broader again.
- Now we stay for more than 2,5 kilometres on this trail until we encounter a fork (11). Here we go straight on (left). Through this trail we return to the visitor centre.