Torreta de Cadí
This hike from the village of Adraén is a long route of almost 30 kilometres and more than 1,300 metres in altitude gain to the Torreta de Cadí, a summit at 2,561 metres in the Parque Natural Cadí-Moixeró, a mountain range just below the high mountains of the Pyrenees. The views from this top are spectacular, including on the Pedraforca.
- From the village of Adraén (1) walk back to the asphalt road and ignore the path on the left. On the C-462 turn left (2). A little further on, at a number of signposts and a wide path on the right (3), we continue straight ahead. About five minutes later, you turn right off the road, up a trail, at the white-yellow marking (4).
- On this stretch through the forest the path is a bit difficult to find, but with some searching we eventually arrive at a wide path (5) where we turn right.
- After about 45 minutes, just before the ruins of Cortal del Porta, before a bend we follow the white-yellow marking to the right (6). More than 20 minutes later we arrive at a wide path (7) and we turn right.
- About 10 minutes later we arrive at another wide path (8) where we follow the marking to the left. Via this path we eventually arrive at a crossing with signposts (Cruce de Prat Major) (9) where we go straight ahead, onto the wide dirt road.
- We follow this dirt road for quite some time until we reach a narrower trail (10). Here we follow the signpost to the Torreta de Cadí to the right. Via this trail we climb the last 200 metres to the top of the Torreta de Cadí (11).
- From the top (11) we walk back to the junction with the dirt road (10), where we now follow the white-yellow marked path PR-C 122 straight ahead to Adraén, which leads us back to the Prat Major (9). Here we turn right onto the dirt road and then immediately left onto the trail to Adraén.
- After about 25 minutes, on the Collet de Bacanella (12) we keep to the right / straight ahead, further towards Adraén. The trail is marked with white-yellow posts. Another half hour later we arrive at a dirt road (13) where we turn left.
- We follow this dirt road (without marking) for more than half an hour until we see a small trail on our right hand side (14), which is a shortcut back to the white-yellow marked trail. After a minute we arrive at the white-yellow marked trail, which makes us climb again.
- Via this trail we eventually reach the C-462 (3) again, where we turn left and walk back to Adraén (1).