Gra de Fajol
The Gra de Fajol is a peak of 2,714 metres that can easily be reached from the ski resort Vallter 2000. The route runs via the refuge of Ulldeter through the valley of the river Ter, where we can enjoy excellent views over this curious and bare landscape of the Ulldeter, clearly formed by a glacier. Through the Coll de la Marrana on the border with France we eventually reach the Gra de Fajol, which closes the glacial landscape and from where we can enjoy very wide panaromas.
- From the parking lot (1) follow the asphalt road a bit further uphill and in the first hairpin bend (2) on the left side go onto a trail that is marked red-white (GR-11).
- This trail makes a few short cuts between the hairpin bends until we reach another parking lot (3). Here on the left the trail continues, which is signposted to Ulldeter.
- This trail takes us to the refuge of Ulldeter (4). Here further follow the marking of the GR-11 until the Coll de la Marrana (5), at about 2,530 metres on the frontier with France.
- Here we now leave the GR-11 and turn left to the Gra de Fajol, through a trail that is marked with milestones and zigzags over the crest, uphill to the top.
- Once on the Gra de Fajol (6) we return to Vallter 2000 (1) via the same route.