The Mondoto is a peak with a relatively low altitude and a quite easy access, which nevertheless gives us a tremendous reward. As a balcony of the National Park of Ordesa and Monte Perdido it offers spectacular views over the scenery of that park and the peaks of more than 3,000 meters that surround us.
- From the car (1) we follow the road which soon turns into a dirt road.
- After about 15 minutes we reach a barrier (2) and see on the right a sign towards Cuello Arenas and Mondoto, thus we turn right.
- About 20-25 minutes later we reach a fork (3), where on the left the trail continues to Cuello Arenas. We continue to the right towards Mondoto.
- Half an hour later we arrive at the Barranco Ballatar (4), where the trail continues through the gorge. After about 5 minutes we arrive at a col (5) from which the trail continues with a gentle ascent.
- About 20 minutes later (6) we already see the Mondoto and we have spectacular views over the Ordesa National Park. We have to follow the trail to the right to reach the Mondoto (7).
- From the Mondoto (7) we go back via a a small variant. A little before returning to the same trail as on the way out, we reach a point where the path continues straight on (8). Here we have to follow the milestones on the left, to get to the path we were already on on the way out, where we turn right (9).
- The rest of the route is the same as on the way out.