Peña del Horcón
This walk south to the central part of the Sierra de Guadarrama, takes us without too much physical effort to the Peña del Horcon at about 1,900 metres. From here we have a beautiful view on the Sierra de Guadarrama and especially the Maliciosa.
- From the car park at Hotel La Barranca (1) we further follow the road, which is now unpaved. We pass the adventure park "De Pino a Pino".
- Further at the fork (2) we turn left. This path is marked white- yellow. A little further at a T -junction (3) we turn left again.
- At about 1,630 metres we arrive at a Y -junction (4) where on the left the path goes down. We go right here further up.
- We arrive at an open area with nice views (5) where we keep right on a narrow trail. Further on we arrive at a broad path (6) where we also turn right.
- Near Las Canchas we arrive at the viewpoint Mirador la Barranca (7). Here just beyond it we leave the wide path onto a narrow trail on the left (8).
- Eventually through this path at 1,879 metres we reach the Peña del Horcon (9). We further follow the path until a Y -junction with a white-yellow arrow pointing downwards (10). Thus here we turn right.
- After some descending we arrive at a broad path (11) which we cross to continue the trail on the other side and continue to follow the white-yellow marking.
- At the end of this path we get at a dirt road (12) where we turn right. Through this dirt road we walk the last stretch back to the parking lot at hotel La Barranca (1).