The Montsec is a peak at 1,331 metres to which the Sierra del Montsec owes its name. The route from Montfalcó goes via a well-marked path and in particular from the Collado de Ramis we walk through a beautiful path. On the Montsec we enjoy wonderful views: to the north on the high mountains of the Pyrenees and eastwards on the reservoir of Canelles and the surrounding spectacular landscape of gorges along the river Noguera Ribagorzana.
- From where we parked the car (1) we follow the dirt road (PR-HU-201) back in the direction of Viacamp. We follow this gravel road for about 45 minutes for 3.5 kilometres until we reach the Collado de Ramis (2).
- Here to the right lies a path (PR-HU-200) which is marked with the sign "Montsec por el Pas de San Miguel" which we thus take.
- Soon on the fork (3) we take the white-yellow-marked path to the right. A little further on we cross a wide path and we go straight on (4).
- We now ascend via a beatifully constructed path and eventually at 1,235 metres of altitude we reach the Pas de San Miguel (5).
- Here the trail continues to the right over the ridge and we walk the last stretch to the top of the Montsec (6).
- The way back is via the same route.