The Pico Almonga is one of the last peaks of the Fuentes Carrionas on the south side. Although it is not that high, thanks to its sharp silhouette it is an unmistakably recognizable mountain. During the hike to the peak we have a privileged view on the Ruesga reservoir. Once at the top we have a clear view on a large part of the surrounding Fuentes Carrionas, with peaks such as the Espigüete and Curavacas.
- From the car (1) we walk back to the road, cross it, go over a cattle grid and then turn left onto a wide trail (2).
- We walk down this wide trail until it practically ends (3) and we reach a field where there to the and in front of us lie mountain slopes. Here we turn left, over a stretch where there is not really a clear path. A little further on we keep left, to ascend the mountain slope via the left flank (4).
- We walk between some bushes and groups of trees and keep ascending until we arrive at a large pile of stones (5). Here at the left we see again a clearly visible path.
- We follow this narrow trail a while and walk at some point between the trees. When we leave the trees behind us and have a clear view, we see the Pico Almonga in front of us. Here we turn right (6).
- This path initially leads us further away from the summit, but a bit further on turns to the left (7).
- Further on we walk a stretch without a path and we keep slightly to the right. If we keep walking further on we see a trail between the vegetation, where we turn left once we reach it (8).
- Via this trail we easily reach the Pico Almonga (9).
- On the way back we initially follow the same trail. Once we have left the trail between the vegetation, we now keep more to the right, toward a slightly steep gorge. We descend a while until the gorge turns steeper. Here we turn left onto a trail (11).
- At the end this trail turns to the right (12) and we reach the trail where we already walked on the way out. We arrive at the junction of before (6) and keep right, onto a wide path downhill.
- Further on at the fork we keep left, further downhill (14) and further follow the trail, with a beautiful view over the lake. After some time we reach a meadow where we go through the gate next to a drinking trough for cows (13).
- Behind this fence we keep left and further follow the path. Near Ruesga we pass a trail to the right to a big field which we ignore. The path eventually ends just before the asphalt road. Here we first turn right (15) and then to the left on the road, which brings us back to the parking lot.