Pico de Salbaguardia
Pico de Salbaguardia is an emblematic peak on the border between Spain and France, near the Portillón de Benasque. From the peak we have splendid views towards the south over the massif of Maladeta in Spain and towards the north over the region of Luchón with its lakes, in France.
- From the old hospital of Benasque (1) we follow the trail towards La Besurta.
- In about 10-15 minutes we arrive at a fork (2) where we turn left, in the direction of Portillón de Benasque.
- After about an hour and a half we arrive at Portillón de Benasque (3), which is an old pass on the border with France that is worth visiting for a while to see the plaque and enjoy the views.
- We return from the Portillo and at the crossing we go to the right (4) to take a narrow trail.
- Now we simply follow the trail that at times has a steep slope that makes us ascend more than 300 meters, to reach the Pico de Salbaguardia (5).
- The way back is via the same route.