Punta la Marmora
Punta la Marmora is the highest point of Gennargentu National Park and of the entire island of Sardinia with its 1,834 meters. The summit is located slightly east of the centre of the island giving beautiful views of the entire island, coasts and the surrounding Mediterranean Sea in good weather. The top is easy to reach via a well marked trail without any difficulty.
- Walk past the Rifugio S'Arena (1) onto the dirt road.
- Follow this dirt road for half an hour until a fork (2) where the dirt road turns to the right. We turn left onto a narrower trail.
- About 10 minutes later we arrive at a pass (3) where we keep left and follow the white-red mark.
- About 50 minutes later we get at another pass with a pole (4) where we keep right, still following the white-red marking and milestones.
- Through this path we reach the top of the Punta la Marmora (5) after half an hour. From the top you can continue a bit over the ridge for more beautiful views (6), especially if the top is full of other hikers.
- The way back is via the same route.