This hike from the Puerto de Somiedo, takes us through the middle of the Somiedo Natural Park along several peaks: El Diente, La Encaralina, Putracón, Peña Salgada and Robezo. During most of the hike we walk on a ridge with all-round views over this beautiful natural park, and the hike is a succession of beautiful viewpoints.
- Walk back from where you parked (1) in the direction of Asturias until you see a sign on your right for the hiking route PR-AS-16 (2), in the direction of Puerto de Somiedo / Valle de Lago. Enter this white-yellow marked path.
- After about five minutes we turn left of the trail (3), on a not very clearly visible steep trail, which lies at right angles to the PR-AS-16. A little further, the trail splits (4) and we continue straight on.
- In less than an hour we reach the top of El Diente (5) and another fifteen minutes later Alto la Encaralina (6) at 1,886 metres. Here the trail continues eastwards over the ridge towards the top of Putracón (7), which we reach in half an hour. There are several ways to reach the peak, but if you follow the course of the ridge, the orientation is no problem.
- Fifteen minutes after the Putracón we reach the top of the Peña Salgada (8). We continue the route over the ridge and about fifty minutes later we reach the top of Robezo (9).
- From the Robezo we descend for another twenty minutes until we find a white-yellow post of the PR-AS-16 (10), where we turn right.
- Twenty minutes later we find another post of the PR-AS-16 (11) and we go straight on / left. From here it is simply a matter of following the PR-AS-16, a path that is somewhat overgrown at first but gets better and better later on. Via this path we return to the asphalt road AS-227 (2), where we turn left and walk back to the car (1).