Bola del Mundo
The Bola del Mundo is a summit at 2,275 metres that can easily be recognized from a great distance because of the huge antennas on it. Until 2010 these antennas were in use for the distribution of both the television and radio signals on the Meseta, but since the introduction of digital television from here only the radio signal is distributed; the question therefore is what will happen to these massive antennass. The summit can be reached easily via a short steep climb from the Puerto de Navacerrada.
- From the car park (1) at the Puerto de Navacerrada we walk back a bit towards the M-601. Still before we arrive at the road and some buildings of the ski resort, we turn left onto an asphalt road (2).
- This road behind a gate quickly turns into an unpaved dirt path that we follow all the time and which is marked white-yellow.
- When at some point we have the antennas of the Bola del Mundo on our left hand, the path turns to the left (3).
- Through this trail we arrive at a paved road where we turn right (4). Soon we follow this road and the white-yellow marking in the bend to the left and thus ignore the fork to the right (5).
- Through this road and a steep climb we eventually reach the Bola del Mundo (6).
- The way back is via the same route.