This hike near Revenga, on the Segovian side of the Sierra de Guadarrama, takes us to the Cabeza Grande. The Cabeza Grande is not a high peak but as it lies on the edge of the Sierra de Guadarrama, it gives a nice view over Segovia and on the peaks of the Sierra de Guadarrama, such as El Oso of the Mujer Muerta.
- From where we parked the car (1) we cross the asphalt road and continue on the trail on the other side, past the post of the Camino de Santiago. Further on at another post of the Camino de Santiago we cross another trail (2) where we go straight on. Just before some ruins of an old structure we cross another trail (3) and continue straight on.
- We walk over a wide strip until a gate where we see some signposts of the Camino de Santiago (4). Here we keep to the right. We now walk through a vast valley with in front of us a not very steep slope. We keep our direction to the right and then reach a narrow trail that takes us uphill. After a short ascent we cross a narrow trail (5) where we turn right.
- Via this trail we reach a paved road (6) where we turn right. We follow this asphalt road quite some time downhill until we reach the stream Río de la Acebeda. Just before the small bridge (7) we turn right into a narrow trail, back into the same direction from which we just came, now parallel to the stream.
- We follow this trail until the crossing with another trail (8) where we turn left, going downhill, signposted as Arroyo de Valdeconejos. We follow this trail to a crossing with a post of the Senda del Acueducto, where we turn right, going uphill (9).
- Through this path we reach a grind trail (10) where we turn left. A bit further on at a signpost with "Cañada Real" we turn right through a big gate, onto a wide trail. We follow this Cañada Real until we reach a Y-junction (12) where we turn right. This trail turns back a bit. We follow it until we encounter another post of the Senda del Acueducto at our left hand (13).
- Here on the left lies a less visible trail, through which we walk - a bit higher on the mountain - parallel to the Cañada Real. A bit further on we reach a crossing of various trails (14). Here we take the first trail on the right, uphill.
- Through this trail we walk further uphill, go through a gate and eventually reach the Cabeza Grande (15). We follow this trail back until the earlier crossing of various trails (14). Now we keep right onto a trail that diagonally takes us back to the Cañada Real (16), on which we turn right.
- A bit further we go through a big gate and past it we turn right at the junction (17). We follow this trail until we reach the post of the Camino de Santiago (2) again, which we also passed on the way out. We now turn left and walk back to the car (1).