The Buitrera is with its 2,046 metres the most northern relevant summit of the Sierra de Ayllón. There are several routes to the Buitrera. During this hike we take the easiest one with least altitude difference. The hike is very beautiful as it passes through one of the most rugged parts of the Sierra de Ayllón, especially on the part between the Alto del Parrejón and the Pico de la Buitrera.
- The trail starts in the bend of the road where we parked the car (1). However, here we do not go through the turnstile but instead take the trail straight on relative to where we arrived from by car.
- A little further the path bends to the left (2). A bit further a sidetrail to the right (3) goes to the Peña de la Silla. However, we go straight on past the fence.
- This trail descends a bit and further on ascends again to finally arrive at the Alto del Parrejón (4 , from where we have a very nice view.
- We descend from the Alto del Parrejón and continue the trail to the Buitrera. Further on at a fork (5) we go straight on. We walk a bit further and finally see the peak of the Buitrera lie on our right, to which we walk the last stretch through a narrow trail.
- Via this trail at about 2,050 metres we reach the Buitrera (6), from where the views again are fantastic.
- The way back is via the same route.