This hike takes us to the Morezón, a summit at 2,392 metres which is like the Balcony of Gredos because of the great view we have from here on the Circo de Gredos, the heart of the Sierra de Gredos, that without any doubt forms the most spectacular part of this mountain range.
- From the Plataforma (1) we follow the wide path up over the large boulders. At the first junction (2) we go straight ahead in the direction of the sign "Senda de Laguna Grande". At the next junction (3) we turn left in the direction of the signs "Laguna Granda / Refugio Elola".
- The path to the Laguna Grande and the refuge continues straight on over a bridge (4). We just before this bridge turn left over a trail that if you pay enough attention is easy to find. We cross the field (Prado de las Pozas) in the direction of the rock face that we see ahead of us. We now walk through the Barrera de las Pozas through the trail in the middle, marked with milestones .
- At a given moment at a milestone we cross the stream Garganta de las Pozas (5) and keep left to climb out of this gorge via the left side. If you climb up here you will automatically encounter some milestones. Once on the crest (6) we keep right, onto a clearly visible path.
- We follow this path for a while. Just before it ends, we see the rocky slope of the Morezón lie on our right. We now keep right on a narrow trail, marked with milestones (7). Once at the top of this path we can walk to the right first to the Altos del Morezón (8). Next we walk to the left to the peak of the Morezón itself (9).
- Initially we return via the same route. Once we are back on the crest above the Barrera de las Pozas we keep walking above it, thus we do not go down at the point where we first ascended from the left (6), but keep going straight on, following the milestones. At a given moment it descends to a small stream which we cross and where at the other side we continue the path on the right.
- This path eventually brings us back to the wide stone path where we already were on the way out and where we turn right (10). This way we walk back to the parking lot of La Plataforma (1).