The hike starts at the flysch of Zumaia, extremely fascinating geological formations on the coast that are submerged at high tide and can therefore only be entered at low tide. Walking over this slippery flysch and rocks can be somewhat tricky. After the flysch, the hike leads from the beach to the SL-GI-5200 and GR-121, trails that give us beautiful views of the coast and the Basque Mountains and lead us back to Zumaia.
- From the Trenbide Pasealekua Hiribidea (1), walk parallel to the Rio Urola towards Zumaia. In Zumaia we turn right over the bridge (2) and then a little further at Amaia Plaza left (3). Follow the signs to Algorri / Flyscha straight on through Amaia Plaza.
- Walk to the end of the street and continue on the asphalt road behind the roundabout (4). A little further on, the asphalt road splits (5) and we follow the sign to the right, in the direction of Algorri / Flysch. The road becomes a narrow path and ends at the coast. At the end of the path we turn left and then down the stairs (6), onto the Flysch.
- We first walk over the fascinating landscape of the Flysch. Further on, the hike continues over the large stones of the beach. After two kilometers we take a path to the left of the beach, uphill (7).
- Twenty minutes later we turn left (8) and a little further left again, towards the viewpoint of Elorriaga (10). From the viewpoint we walk back to the path (8), where we now turn left and continue the route.
- Ten minutes further, just before the village of Pagoeta at a number of signposts (11) we turn left onto the GR-121 and SL-GI-5002. Ten minutes later we pass a recreation area (12), where we continue straight ahead.
- Ten minutes later we keep to the left at the fork (13), following the white-red markings of the GR. We walk for a while on an asphalt road and after about ten minutes at a couple of benches (14) we turn left, onto the white-red marked trail. Take the first path on the left here.
- In this way we eventually arrive at the stairs to the Flysch (6) where we now continue straight, towards the viewpoint over the Flysch (15). From the viewpoint we continue on the ridge towards Zumaia. Further on (16) keep left, on teh upper trail, which brings us back to Zumaia.
- Keep walking straight ahead which will eventually bring you back to Amaia Plaza (3), where we turn right and walk back to the car.