Montardo is a summit of 2,911 metres in the National Park of Aigüestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici, a harmonious ensemble of sharp peaks, spectacular ridges, lush forests, green meadows, rivers and more than 200 lakes. During this hike we pass two of these lakes, the Era Restanca and the Caph deth Pòrt and we have a beautiful view of the Estany de Monges. From the Montardo we have a breathtaking view all around the spectacular landscape of this National Park.
- From the parking lot of Pont Resec (1) follow the dirt road for more than half an hour. We find a red-white marked trail on our left and signposts to the Refugi Dera Restanca and Montardo (2).
- Via this beautiful trail we ascend quickly and reach the lake Era Restanca (3) in about 45 minutes.
- From the Era Restanca we walk over the dam to the Refugi Dera Restanca refuge (4).
- From the refuge follow the upper trail. This trail takes us in more than half an hour to the beautiful lake of Caph deth Pòrt (5).
- We further follow the trail for about an hour and reach the Coll de Crestada (6) where we turn left and enter the national park.
- We follow the yellow posts and after about five minutes at the fork (7) we follow the trail to the left, towards the Montardo.
- We follow the milestones and reach the Col de Montardo (8) after about half an hour. From here it is about ten minutes to the top of the Montardo (9).
- The way back is via the same route.