The Torozo is the westernmost tip of the eastern part of the Sierra de Gredos and lies at 2,027 metres. Because of its location it is an excellent viewpoint of the Sierra de Gredos. From the Puerto del Pico we need to overcome almost 700 metres in altitude to reach the summit, but the path to it is in a very good state and excellently marked, making it a very easy hike.
- From the Puerto del Pico (1), on the side of the road of the parking, lies a wide trail that starts at a large information panel of the PR-AV-37, the Senda del Torozo, a path which is marked white-yellow and regularly with milestones.
- In about an hour we ascend about 400 metres until we reach an altitude of just under 1,800 metres (2). From here we walk a while with significantly less altitude difference, having the Torozo on our right.
- At the end of this narrow trail we turn right onto a wide path (3) and further on we pass the refuge Refugio de los Cernuvales (4).
- Just past this refuge the path turns to the right (5) and we follow a path marked with milestones along the ridge.
- This way we reach the peak of the Torozo (6).
- The way back is via the same route.