Arroyo del Peral
The excursion takes us through the valleys of the Arroyo del Peral and the Arroyo de la Dehesa. The biggest part of the hike goes over wide paths and dirt roads, but the hike becomes considerably harder on the part that runs through the gorge of the Arroyo del Peral, halfway the route. During this part, various kilometres long, the path is either difficult to see or strongly overgrown, which complicates both the walking as well as the orientation.
- Past the hotel we turn left uphill, leaving the through road (1). Next we take the first street to the right, into the Calle Real (2). We now walk past the church, next follow the bend to the right and then the bend to the left, leaving Fuertescusa.
- Outside the town the asphalt road turns into a dirt road. Next at a Y-junction (3) we keep right. Further on ignore a road on the left side and keep straight on the dirt road. Further on where we cross a stream, there is a side-path to the left (4). Here we also keep straight on the dirt road.
- Further on the Arroyo de la Dehesa joins the Arroyo del Peral, where the road turns to the right and crosses a bridge. Just before this bridge, on the left, we enter a narrow trail (5).
- We now walk through the gorge of the Arroyo del Peral, initially on the left side but further on we cross the brook and continue the trail on the right side. Further on there is a crossing of stones, after which we continue the trail on the left side of the brook.
- We now cross another stream (6) and quickly after it we cross the Arroyo del Peral again to continue the trail on the right side. Quickly after it we cross the brook again to the left side of the water. We now walk in a narrow space with rocks on both sides. Here the path runs then on the left, then on the right side of the brook.
- Finally we walk again on the left side of the Arroyo del Peral with the trail becoming more and more overgrown and less visible. First we get past a brick wall, which is on the right side of the brook, where we keep walking on the left side of the water. At a certain moment, where we find a good possibility, we have to cross the Arroyo del Peral to get at the right side again. We now slightly have to climb away from the Arroyo del Peral and find a trail that lies higher above us. This part is orientation-wise the most difficult part of the hike.
- Initially this trail is in good conditions but further on disappears again. We have to stay on the right side of the Arroyo and climb out of the valley. This way we eventually will end at a broad forest trail where we turn left (7). This path turns to the left and eventually takes us to the ruins of the Tinadas Las Modorras (8).
- Just past it on the right lies a dirt road (9), which we enter. A bit further on we get at another dirt road (10), where we turn right again. At the next Y-junction (11) we turn right.
- We stay on this road until we get at another Y-junction (12) where we follow the bend to the left, downhill. Next at a T-junction (13) we turn left again further downhill. At the next T-junction (14) we continue our trail to the right.
- From here we just follow this road until we reach again the bridge (5) where before we turned off, and walk through the same route back to Fuertescusa and the car.