This hike near the somewhat remote village of Peguerinos on the border between the provinces of Ávila and Madrid takes us without too much effort to the Cueva Valiente. From the summit of just over 1,900 metres, where a bunker was built in the Spanish Civil War, we look from the southwest on the Sierra de Guadarrama.
- The hike starts on the dirt road ( 1 ), which lies to the right several tens of meters before the entrance of the camping Valle Enmedio.
- We follow this path for a while and go past a gate (2). After having followed this path some time it ends at the stream Arroyo de Valle Enmedio (3). We follow the sign "Cueva Valiente" sign, which directs us to the right.
- The path is now much narrower and also much steeper. After some climbing we end on another path where we turn left (4).
- A little further we cross another path (5) where we go straight ahead. We now follow the milestones and see the peak Cueva Valiente ahead of us.
- Via this trail we reach a dirt road (6). Here we can now turn right or go straight on following the milestones. In both cases, we arrive at the Cueva Valiente (7).
- Returning from the Cueva Valiente we follow the same path back and now follow the wide path straight ahead, where we before came from the left (6).
- This wide path we follow some time until it takes a bend to the right (8). Here we follow the sign "Collado de la Gargantilla" straight ahead. Through this path we descend about 10 minutes until we reach a dirt road (9). Here we turn left.
- After some time we arrive at a Y -junction (10) where we turn left, signposted as "Camping". Through this path we first come past the Reservoir of Peguerinos (11) and then past camp site "La Nava" (12).
- Further on we go through a gate (13). Just past the gate we turn left (14) and continue to the camp site "Valle Enmedio". Through the camp site we walk back to the entrance of the campsite and to the dirt road where the car is parked (1).
- If we do not want to walk over the camp site, we go straight ahead at the gate (13, 14). Next we turn left three times (15 , 16, 17) in order to return to the car via a longer route.